Devon McElveen Poems
- Alone Why do I enjoy this feeling? Is that really a ...
- The Woman In The Red Dress The woman in the red dress How I ...
- Dreams, Langston Hughes Tribut... As we dream We are forced to...
- Leaving The Nest A young bird leaves the nest, Searching ...
- Recipe For War 1 Kilogram of Corruption 1.2 grams of ...
- The Wiseman He sits there thinking, Listening and ...
- Knowledge (Haiku) My mind feels empty I must fill it with ...
I was born in Norwalk Hospital in Norwalk, Connecticut on April 3,1993. I started writing in 1st grade when my teacher gave us a writing assignment to see how well we wrote. Most people wrote nursery rhymes, but I wrote a short story of a crime that I had witnessed with my very eyes. My teacher had not seen such writing from a child of my age and I was soon transferred into accademically ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Devon McElveen
Why do I enjoy this feeling?
Is that really a question?
Do you see the anguish that they have caused?
Do you see the strife?
The terror in their eyes?
The corruption that runs rampant?
Why do they cause war?
What do they fight for?
Is it their morals?
Aren’t morals nothing but words thrown away near death?
Why do I live in the dark?
Aren’t the lights so blinding?
Don’t they shed light on our inner truths?
No matter how gruesome or terrifying?
Do you not like the dark?
Doesn’t it rid us of pointless thoughts? ...