There is a feature that runs through the mind
with a host of stars shining upon the Milky Way
In synchronous lines where earth was formed,
in the beginning of time we had a part to play.
The realm of terrestrial kinds declares the glory
of another sublime planet created for our future,
where the sense of being is a beautiful fantasy
of different nations with dreams coming true.
We see them moving by the quickening spirit
a splendid troop rising from earth to heaven
Seize the rapture and the graceful halo inherit
the precious garments adorned for a wedding.
Many universities in Space revealed super galaxies
where larger moons loom with endless sunlight
shining upon the Privilege terrain of fallen angels
flying through the universe faster than a mediate.
They come often in dreams and bring courage
before the night ends and light breaks into day,
we join the terrestrial adventure at slumbers edge
and see our future in glory found in the Milky Way.
Topic(s): love educates
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Our Future by Gerry Legister )
- The safety., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Limerick-35, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- no more love story, The Princess is
- Illogical, Margaret Moran
- Want, The Princess is
- The Passing of the Lord, Translation of .., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Teleskof, Edward Kofi Louis
- Bearing With One Another, Edward Kofi Louis
- Danyell, Edward Kofi Louis
- ap english, imani halley
Poem of the Day
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- avenues america, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)