There is a feature that runs through the mind
with a host of stars shining upon the Milky Way
In synchronous lines where earth was formed,
in the beginning of time we had a part to play.
The realm of terrestrial kinds declares the glory
of another sublime planet created for our future,
where the sense of being is a beautiful fantasy
of different nations with dreams coming true.
We see them moving by the quickening spirit
a splendid troop rising from earth to heaven
Seize the rapture and the graceful halo inherit
the precious garments adorned for a wedding.
Many universities in Space revealed super galaxies
where larger moons loom with endless sunlight
shining upon the Privilege terrain of fallen angels
flying through the universe faster than a mediate.
They come often in dreams and bring courage
before the night ends and light breaks into day,
we join the terrestrial adventure at slumbers edge
and see our future in glory found in the Milky Way.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Topic(s): love educates
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Our Future by Gerry Legister )
- Love Me, Love Me, You Just Love Me, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The sweetest song, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Be logic., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Loving Me, Leave Me Not, Desert You Not,.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- L'amour est un Triste Caméléon, Hebert Logerie
- स्वप्न, dhirajkumar taksande
- <<< আমি বাংলার পাতি মাষ্টার, Abdul Wahab
- Lost homes, hasmukh amathalal
- A Tiny Island, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God's Kind Of Poetry., Darlene Walsh
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(18 November 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns