A lifelong quest inspired by our emotions,
fascination felt within the heart soul, and body.
It can drive us to the brink of generosity,
in tireless pursuit, or fantasies of endless passions.
Our feelings goes roaming with strong desire,
Enchantments and intrigued radiates from within.
Brings out character and absorb where we begin,
fills the low voids, and take the roads we share.
Our the best will seems good yet so misgiving,
Feelings constantly flow from emotional sources,
Explore watery paths and many different courses,
Everyday; we all have feelings worth sharing.
The sensational power to engage natural responses,
our feelings surge to surface anywhere on earth,
we were born with this affectionate gift at birth,
Teardrops at first, and then we hear them in songs.
Beating out lyrics the meaning of interpretation,
Poetry with nothing sweeter than unique feelings,
Engrossed in the midst of joy with new meanings
Release from the heart the fear of consternation.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Our Feelings by Gerry Legister )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Dwelling In Perfection, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Line to You, Olufayo Ezekiel
- Remedy to Find, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Inner Workings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Colours, Daniel Rimero
- India's Rhythms, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My Love! Let's run away from light., SAK Reddy
- Journey Of Ancient Values, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Bless You On This Day, Michael P. McParland
- The Blank Page, David Lewis Paget