Dancing with the stars
Airy tune plays the starry notes we adore
Wind generate the breathe of vibrancy found,
A beat tapping polite crescendo upon the floor,
Judges joined in the finale of encore sound.
Notes spinning in flames swirling the flare around,
The enchantment full of awesome performance,
Shifting body weight perfectly from off the ground,
Contestants wooed the crowd with exotic dance.
Disco costume the glamour of appearance calling,
Showbiz trial before platform of bigger audience,
Dancing with the stars until your eyes are shining,
Don’t think you come here to hang out in a trance.
Into this magical movement of swing and speed
Trapped charm glowing in space by metallic plates,
The choreography steps and style will succeed,
To shuffle the dances different combination creates.
We want to have the audience upon their feet,
But we don’t know yet; how much we love dancing
Until television shows the moves we often repeat,
Bring out the best twists and turns from within.
Unique blend for either student or entertainment,
Evoke rhythm seductive flames with creative elements,
Flown to where the original inspiration went,
They are allowed to dance with unique movements.
Fluttering like trees continuous wave in the breeze,
When all at once you have the crowd on their knees
Their outstretch hands hope for more to receive,
And you finally become a twinkle in their eyes.
Lively bodies enthused with jiving to the end,
Dancing with stars in modes of thousand sequins,
The choreography disguises shapes with each bend,
You have your hips swaying more tantalizing.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Dancing with the stars by Gerry Legister )
- Result of chemistry, gajanan mishra
- Living By His Grace, Gbolagade Taiwo
- To See This Giant, David McLansky
- Atmosphere Of Delight, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Raggle`, Frank Avon
- A New Light Bulb, Theorem The Truth Serum
- Loving An Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ostrich - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Nothing is faulty, gajanan mishra
- Silent Scream, Vivek Tiwari
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Exposure, Wilfred Owen
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)