Dancing with the stars
Airy tune plays the starry notes we adore
Wind generate the breathe of vibrancy found,
A beat tapping polite crescendo upon the floor,
Judges joined in the finale of encore sound.
Notes spinning in flames swirling the flare around,
The enchantment full of awesome performance,
Shifting body weight perfectly from off the ground,
Contestants wooed the crowd with exotic dance.
Disco costume the glamour of appearance calling,
Showbiz trial before platform of bigger audience,
Dancing with the stars until your eyes are shining,
Don’t think you come here to hang out in a trance.
Into this magical movement of swing and speed
Trapped charm glowing in space by metallic plates,
The choreography steps and style will succeed,
To shuffle the dances different combination creates.
We want to have the audience upon their feet,
But we don’t know yet; how much we love dancing
Until television shows the moves we often repeat,
Bring out the best twists and turns from within.
Unique blend for either student or entertainment,
Evoke rhythm seductive flames with creative elements,
Flown to where the original inspiration went,
They are allowed to dance with unique movements.
Fluttering like trees continuous wave in the breeze,
When all at once you have the crowd on their knees
Their outstretch hands hope for more to receive,
And you finally become a twinkle in their eyes.
Lively bodies enthused with jiving to the end,
Dancing with stars in modes of thousand sequins,
The choreography disguises shapes with each bend,
You have your hips swaying more tantalizing.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Dancing with the stars by Gerry Legister )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Blow, Blow, Thou Winter Wind, William Shakespeare
- The Shoelace, Charles Bukowski
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- an i like you that way - sweetest thing .., sEaN nOrTh
- Longing, Michael P. McParland
- The Home Here And Hereafter., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- American As Apple Pie?, carol carter
- The Final Litmus Test, michael walkerjohn
- The ascent of peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- no one's favorite..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- आज आंसू बहाओ - Suffering, yashovardhan kulkarni
- I loved you more than enough.., Rene Perera
- The victory of peace and truth., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..