Old Glory, We're So Proud of You
You look so proud in your valor colors flowing in the wind.
Where your courage never bends,
Through America’s growth you’ve met so many new friends.
You were always there for your country.
You always saw the enemy coming.
You never surrendered.
You will always be remembered.
For the strong courage that you symbolized,
And the America that you civilized,
Creating a new country under God that was dignified.
Old Glory, we pray you never tire.
We salute you!
Old Glory, we’re so proud of you!
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
By, Patricia Kriegel-Kelley
Comments about this poem (Old Glory, We're So Proud of You by Patricia Kelley )
- We fall....TO RISE, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- LOSS....MANY, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Alchemies, Aleda Shirley
- LAST SONG, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- ETERNAL LOVE, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- April 15th, Aleda Shirley
- I can FOCUS, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Defining myself, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- A doggerel coin!, Sreeram Vasudevan
- THE COME BACK., Terry Collett
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)