Shanika marini Paul
Ode to Humanity
Prayer of a Teacher to Teachers
They come in innocence and empty shells
To be filled with knowledge: no one’s to blame
They come in blindness with candles unlit
For thy wisdom, ” Oh Teacher Teach! ! ”
For you too were a child once before
Seeking knowledge of the learned minds
Did thou forget! Thy teacher’s smile?
Or the strength of words unkind?
I pray dear teacher awaken!
Open thine eyes of wisdom
Add a spoonful of kindness
As thou teaches thy disciple
All are not born with Einstein brains
If they were the world will be insane
In thy class sits the; Doctor, scientist, teacher and baker
The carpenter, the poet and tomorrows leader
Love them all, understand them one by one
Teach them through thy heart and mind mingled as one
For the wisdom they gain has no price
But the prize thou wins in their eyes.
Dedicated to my Students from 2006 to 2013
U/graduate BA English(OUSL) , ADIE(UK) , ACIE(OUSL) , DIP; AMI/PSY(Cambridge) Trained Teacher(IMSD)
From the collection of Poetry on humanity
Copy rights reserved
Shanika marini Paul's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ode to Humanity by Shanika marini Paul )
- Close not, gajanan mishra
- When I Was A Birch Tree, Richard Provencher
- Damsel of Paradise, ramesh rai
- Satellite Feed, Susan Lacovara
- Feeling Victorious, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- In A Creche In The Mountains, Robert Rorabeck
- Save yourself, gajanan mishra
- True love.....?, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.21, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.20, Monk E. Biz