Not To Alter
Let sun rise early in morning
And set as per schedule in evening
Let the afternoon become hot and unbearable!
Why should I take pain and think about trouble
Many poets paint good picture about moon
Big moon with silvery lights and so on
I don’t understand why to spend time on such matters?
Sun and moon may perform their duty so why a words to utter?
The failure in monsoon sometimes makes us to feel sorry?
That is big concern and adds to our worry
The draught and water problem deteriorates and situation worsens
Such position arises all of sudden
When natural bodies can perform their role?
Why do we take no pain to think and call?
About ourselves as more responsible
And cause no hurdles to existing troubles
Why should we cause damage to natural resources?
Why should we act contrary to divine forces?
As human being we have no prime responsibility
What matters if we are allowed to stay long or short by almighty?
So long such mentality exists
There will not be any use to insist
For right cause or ordinary issues
We will be staying least concerned even to view
Things do not move as per wish
One slap from nature is enough to finish
If air is topped for minute or so
You can thing where the life will end or go?
We got to be nature’s friendly
Behave with all in a manner and nicely
It has to be our endeavor to look after
Whatever we have to maintain and resort not to alter
hasmukh amathalal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Not To Alter by hasmukh amathalal )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
Poem of the Day
- Marching On, Edward Kofi Louis
- Rum, crumbs!, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Point It Out To You, Edward Kofi Louis
- elephant selfie, lee fones
- You Are Very Beautiful II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Winter and Christmas, Rimni chakravarty
- - Μουγγό σκυλί (Greek poem), Giorgio A. V.
- Say You Are One of Them, Aysha Ananse
- Astonished, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Love It So, Edward Kofi Louis