Not for tears but smile
A smoke of mighty mezz
blown away by trifle winds.
Not for tears but smile.
Be strong for the coming days,
cloche your eyes for mocking-birds.
Like a mirror be vigilant to passersby.
Love of decent nature bodes in valleys
of resilience, shape-up and foot ahead
Take nothing of less but decent kind.
The one to be is to be in the present of
Let the smile unfold, let the rain melt
He was man-less to come-at-able.
If you can, smile and take a run.
Run and seal-up the times
lost at wonder-pig.
Let the skunk chase the rats.
Like an eagle keep your aims high.
Capers keep running at no aim.
Not for tears but smile,
not for tears but smile
Melikhaya Zagagana's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Not for tears but smile by Melikhaya Zagagana )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(c. 600 BCE)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Chocolate, Akhtar Jawad
- Lost child in my own home, Hudhaifah Siyad
- scale, Nisha K. Janine
- Truth stands, gajanan mishra
- If only it were from me my Love, Hudhaifah Siyad
- Neither Hindugiri Nor Christiangiri Nor .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Unbound, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Mask We Wear, Is It Poetry
- Purified man, gajanan mishra
- Questioning Deity?, Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR