Not for tears but smile
A smoke of mighty mezz
blown away by trifle winds.
Not for tears but smile.
Be strong for the coming days,
cloche your eyes for mocking-birds.
Like a mirror be vigilant to passersby.
Love of decent nature bodes in valleys
of resilience, shape-up and foot ahead
Take nothing of less but decent kind.
The one to be is to be in the present of
Let the smile unfold, let the rain melt
He was man-less to come-at-able.
If you can, smile and take a run.
Run and seal-up the times
lost at wonder-pig.
Let the skunk chase the rats.
Like an eagle keep your aims high.
Capers keep running at no aim.
Not for tears but smile,
not for tears but smile
Melikhaya Zagagana's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Not for tears but smile by Melikhaya Zagagana )
- Anti-depressant, Steve Lang
- My Hometown., Tony Adah
- O Come Sit By Me Awhile, Julian Mann
- How to Fall in Love, Wojciech D Kolesnik
- Flying bird, gajanan mishra
- What is the Grass?, Lee Ann Brown
- Some poets are there, gajanan mishra
- The Gamekeeper, David Lewis Paget
- Observing Teenagers, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Promises, Saul hernandez
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Blow, Blow, Thou Winter Wind, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Unborn, Sharon Olds
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)