Not for tears but smile
A smoke of mighty mezz
blown away by trifle winds.
Not for tears but smile.
Be strong for the coming days,
cloche your eyes for mocking-birds.
Like a mirror be vigilant to passersby.
Love of decent nature bodes in valleys
of resilience, shape-up and foot ahead
Take nothing of less but decent kind.
The one to be is to be in the present of
Let the smile unfold, let the rain melt
He was man-less to come-at-able.
If you can, smile and take a run.
Run and seal-up the times
lost at wonder-pig.
Let the skunk chase the rats.
Like an eagle keep your aims high.
Capers keep running at no aim.
Not for tears but smile,
not for tears but smile
Melikhaya Zagagana's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Not for tears but smile by Melikhaya Zagagana )
- Standard asset, gajanan mishra
- AnyThing In ReTurn, Kewayne Wadley
- If all we know is love, Mark Heathcote
- Remove Yourself From Bitterness, Ronell Warren Alman
- Fornicating In The Bowels Of Unswerving .., Captain Cur
- im not okay, Faith Taylors
- The world is like a worm, Mark Heathcote
- Our shared tear, Julie Shirley
- Conscious Peal, Adeosun Olamide
- Living Contradictions, Sandra Feldman
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(c. 600 BCE)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1886 - 1967)