Bazi alis Subrata Ray
Where Is the Universe?
Where Maya withdraws Her touch,
Where is the universe?
Habits reacting with matter,
The will for procreation,
With bubbling desires erect,
The individual's death -covered Fate.
Mind, the mischievous monkey, rides,
Upon the wild steed of hope,
It binds and binds the self,
With name, fame and ambition's rope.
When by suffering the mind rejects,
The cause-made struggles of life,
Maya by Her grace wipes,
The apparently real strife.
Feel we can, by meditation,
The joy of Brahman's awakening in us,
As there Maya withdraws Her touch.
Bazi alis Subrata Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No Universe! by Bazi alis Subrata Ray )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Another Wish, Michael P. McParland
- Cop Killers and Killer Cops, Is It Poetry
- Another Night (Off To Sleep), Michael P. McParland
- Another Day, Michael P. McParland
- Hands on Hips, Mae AC.
- Hands in Pockets, Mae AC.
- Another Christmas, Michael P. McParland
- Anonymous Girl, Michael P. McParland
- An Unbreakable Bond, Michael P. McParland
- An Awesome Friend (For Electric Lady), Michael P. McParland