Bazi alis Subrata Ray
Where Is the Universe?
Where Maya withdraws Her touch,
Where is the universe?
Habits reacting with matter,
The will for procreation,
With bubbling desires erect,
The individual's death -covered Fate.
Mind, the mischievous monkey, rides,
Upon the wild steed of hope,
It binds and binds the self,
With name, fame and ambition's rope.
When by suffering the mind rejects,
The cause-made struggles of life,
Maya by Her grace wipes,
The apparently real strife.
Feel we can, by meditation,
The joy of Brahman's awakening in us,
As there Maya withdraws Her touch.
Bazi alis Subrata Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No Universe! by Bazi alis Subrata Ray )
- Only People XXXVIII, Sadiqullah Khan
- Music to My Ears XXXIX, Sadiqullah Khan
- Naked Storm XL, Sadiqullah Khan
- Democracy in Decay XLI, Sadiqullah Khan
- Boundless Honor XLII, Sadiqullah Khan
- The Man Who Lived In Layers, Noah Body
- Again They Come XLIII, Sadiqullah Khan
- Prologued (An Oration) XLIV, Sadiqullah Khan
- The Launch XLV, Sadiqullah Khan
- Hashtnagar (Eight Cities) XLVI, Sadiqullah Khan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Red face, Emmanuel George Cefai
(c. 600 BCE)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)