No One Came
Nobody came to the party
I was waiting all alone
Indeed, indeed, I waited so long
I lost the will to live
Oh yes indeed, I waited so long
No one bothered to turn up
I got bored of waiting and huffed in anger
At my so called friends
Oh, why did no one come?
And why did they defect?
I sank like a stone on water
Waiting, waiting, waiting.
I’ll never invite anyone again
I’ll let them starve of my food
I’ll never organise another soirée
They can just do without.
Andrew Hamm's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (No One Came by Andrew Hamm )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Bears and Ladders, Stephen Katona
- Gentle Rain Falling, Kyle Schlicher
- A Buddha in the Heart of the Rock, Guillermo Veloso
- I Watched In Wonder, Kyle Schlicher
- Snowflake Falling, Kyle Schlicher
- Weep No More, My Willow Tree!, Maria Magdalena Biela
- ebola virus, ademola oluwabusayo
- The Mirror of your life... can you face .., Dimitri Jagodinski
- Honour-killing Is A Sin/ Just For Family.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love story, gajanan mishra