A single word sustained me
When all seemed lost and dark
When slings and arrows
Had found their precious mark.
I knew it all was coming
The prophecy so clear
‘Messiah bleeds and
Dies in shame
To bring redemption near.’
And friends had missed my struggle
In anguished prayer and dread.
They slept while Satan
To doubt life from the dead.
But Father you had promised
Much joy at your right hand
And death’s corruption
Foiled in this
The rescue we had planned.
I knew it at the darkest
Your Word would live in me
And soon an empty
Eternal life for free.
PSALM 16: 10. For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thy Holy One to see corruption.
Doug Blair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No Corruption by Doug Blair )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Yes, Mother Nature Teaches Bards..., Dr John Celes
- Tonic Pain, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- In the Absence of Light, F. J. Thomas
- Give me a drink, Diana Rosser
- White Power, F. J. Thomas
- Sweet Dreams, Sambanath Denis
- My unjust God, Nalini Chaturvedi
- continue counting me, Mandolyn ...
- the tail of poet, ademola oluwabusayo
- the way of the world, ademola oluwabusayo