A single word sustained me
When all seemed lost and dark
When slings and arrows
Had found their precious mark.
I knew it all was coming
The prophecy so clear
‘Messiah bleeds and
Dies in shame
To bring redemption near.’
And friends had missed my struggle
In anguished prayer and dread.
They slept while Satan
To doubt life from the dead.
But Father you had promised
Much joy at your right hand
And death’s corruption
Foiled in this
The rescue we had planned.
I knew it at the darkest
Your Word would live in me
And soon an empty
Eternal life for free.
PSALM 16: 10. For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thy Holy One to see corruption.
Doug Blair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No Corruption by Doug Blair )
- Feeling Victorious, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- In A Creche In The Mountains, Robert Rorabeck
- Save yourself, gajanan mishra
- True love.....?, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.21, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.20, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.19, Monk E. Biz
- The Puppet of His Heart, Robert Rorabeck
- Turn Your Back, Tyrone Gayle
- My name is Death, Roxanne Dubarry