Nine One One
My mom says "The number 911,
Is not a number you call for fun.
If someone is hurt with a knife or gun.
Get to the phone quickly, call 911 If the house is on fire call 911,
Hurry to the phone, run! run! run!
If a person is hurting someone else real bad,
Call 911, later you will be so glad. To all you parents and kids out there,
In an emergency dial 911, and say a prayer.
When you use 911 to get help, that's a job well done
This number is for serious business, not for fun.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nine One One by Laura Hall )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Federico García Lorca
(5 June 1898 – 19 August 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Bleeding, May Swenson
- Men, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- The Bells, Edgar Allan Poe
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
Poem of the Day
- Our last meeting, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- A Lie, Leong Ming Loong
- Should I forget?, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- thoughts of you, Dorsey Baker
- Our call, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Khoon Aloodah, Akhtar Jawad
- Emptiness, Dorsey Baker
- Meditation, Aftab Alam
- Not an infant any more, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- The UKIP-topian, sociopathic delusions o.., Stanley Collymore