M.D Dinesh Nair
NEW NOTIONS DIE
New notions are all seen
With suspicious eyes ever
By all alike everywhere.
And so they die quite soon
With no past to talk of.
A crowd is seen building a temple
For the notions ancient.
Not even an inn
Is seen for the notion brand new
And the crowd never learns.
New notions are next exiled.
Notions old become a deity,
They engage slaves,
The worshipers are transformed
At their will and the deity shows its fags.
The new notions die a premature death,
It is a murder by a crowd.
No tears, no funeral but corpses are there.
The ghosts of the negations loud
May begin to haunt the abodes.
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (NEW NOTIONS DIE by M.D Dinesh Nair )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Suicide's Note, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- A Happy and Sad Haiku, Merton Lee
- Plum blossoms, Wenjun Liu
- PH: Echo: Being At Choice, Brian Johnston
- I walked through your woods, Wenjun Liu
- Stray Reflection, Sunny Chopra
- Tagore Song (#13) When He comes to beg me, Tushar Ray
- Selfish, Naomi Mith
- Tagorer Song (#12) My Invisible Flute, Tushar Ray
- Tagore Song (#11) Who is this piano pla.., Tushar Ray
- THOUGHT-LIFE (Quatrains), Cynthia BuhainBaello