M.D Dinesh Nair
NEW NOTIONS DIE
New notions are all seen
With suspicious eyes ever
By all alike everywhere.
And so they die quite soon
With no past to talk of.
A crowd is seen building a temple
For the notions ancient.
Not even an inn
Is seen for the notion brand new
And the crowd never learns.
New notions are next exiled.
Notions old become a deity,
They engage slaves,
The worshipers are transformed
At their will and the deity shows its fags.
The new notions die a premature death,
It is a murder by a crowd.
No tears, no funeral but corpses are there.
The ghosts of the negations loud
May begin to haunt the abodes.
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (NEW NOTIONS DIE by M.D Dinesh Nair )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Soldiers, Tony Adah
- SUMMER FUN, MORGAN AXIOTIS
- Morning Hymn, David Lessard
- How Bluntly Speak They, The CPI(M) Even.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- THE NIGHT OF REVELATION ليلة القدر, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- de pun.t, co the skipper
- Death Speaking, Kyle Schlicher
- My World., richard harris
- My Garden, Kyle Schlicher
- Life needs a good name!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL