M.D Dinesh Nair
NEW NOTIONS DIE
New notions are all seen
With suspicious eyes ever
By all alike everywhere.
And so they die quite soon
With no past to talk of.
A crowd is seen building a temple
For the notions ancient.
Not even an inn
Is seen for the notion brand new
And the crowd never learns.
New notions are next exiled.
Notions old become a deity,
They engage slaves,
The worshipers are transformed
At their will and the deity shows its fags.
The new notions die a premature death,
It is a murder by a crowd.
No tears, no funeral but corpses are there.
The ghosts of the negations loud
May begin to haunt the abodes.
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (NEW NOTIONS DIE by M.D Dinesh Nair )
Did you read them?
- No Other Presence, Hannah Bryson Price
- Transcendent Evolution, Curtlan Popo
- Stress = God Is In Control, Tom Zart
- Another Crossroads, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I am remembering that day, gajanan mishra
- Climbing A Mountain, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- First Love At First Sight, Electric Lady
- Surprising Ideas, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Endless Sea, Curtlan Popo
- Hoping For The Best, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)