RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Nashville Awaits Me
Sitting at the senior center writing and listening
to a song given to me by two gentlemen from Nashville
who absolutely love my poetry and want to put it to
music, sending me a contract to sign so they can begin.
Then I ended up in the hospital, having emergency
surgery, ending up in a coma for four and a half days
on life support.
When they found out what I was going through, they
sent me a song entitled, 'You Can Do It', to inspire
me on the road to recovery.
It helped me a lot and I'm still here - better yet,
they still want my poetry to put to music.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nashville Awaits Me by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- The Power Of Love!, Edward Kofi Louis
- It Is Quite Sad (Part 2), Ronell Warren Alman
- Bubble burst no home no trust, Nalini Chaturvedi
- You Are, Edward Kofi Louis
- Missing sky, gajanan mishra
- PARTNERS IN CRIME, Terry Collett
- Palace of death - this body, gajanan mishra
- Twelve Step Heaven, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Hardcastle Crags, Sylvia Plath
- Burning The Letters, Sylvia Plath
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Power Of Music, Sukumar Ray
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe