This torment is my torture,
A never ending suffering.
Alcohol only a temporary diversion,
Only one true way to end it all.
A blade with a jagged edge,
Fumbling in my hands,
Waiting for it's first taste of blood.
I slowly lye the cold metal against my skin,
A chilling surge rushes through me.
The blade waiting anxiously,
As my shaking fingers grasp the hilt.
I push down,
Forcing the blade through my skin.
Blood rushing to the surface,
My arm drenched in a deep red.
The world begins to spin rapidly,
I fall to the ground in a blur.
A pool of blood surrounding my wound,
Too weak to raise my limbs.
Unable to grasp my reality,
I close my eyes.
The darkness terrifying,
Waiting for the unknown.
My breathing slowing to a shallow gasp,
I know this life is almost over.
Now it's time to sleep,
Drift off and leave this place.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Torment by Mitchell Barron )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1886 - 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Silent Noon, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Prayers To Lord Murugan, A. K. Ramanujan
Poem of the Day
- Escaping Home, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Enjoying Conversations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- How Long A Breath of Moment Be...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Communicating Through Talent, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Moments Of Refreshing Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God., Th@ We N0t, sEaN nOrTh
- only Dfence against a rhythm - Boi, sEaN nOrTh
- Snuggle 2, Michael P. McParland
- ROAD FROM PARIS 1970, Terry Collett
- '' O '', Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR