This torment is my torture,
A never ending suffering.
Alcohol only a temporary diversion,
Only one true way to end it all.
A blade with a jagged edge,
Fumbling in my hands,
Waiting for it's first taste of blood.
I slowly lye the cold metal against my skin,
A chilling surge rushes through me.
The blade waiting anxiously,
As my shaking fingers grasp the hilt.
I push down,
Forcing the blade through my skin.
Blood rushing to the surface,
My arm drenched in a deep red.
The world begins to spin rapidly,
I fall to the ground in a blur.
A pool of blood surrounding my wound,
Too weak to raise my limbs.
Unable to grasp my reality,
I close my eyes.
The darkness terrifying,
Waiting for the unknown.
My breathing slowing to a shallow gasp,
I know this life is almost over.
Now it's time to sleep,
Drift off and leave this place.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Torment by Mitchell Barron )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Walter de la Mare
(1873 - 1958)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- A proposal to wake up, none .....
- Dreams are All That Remain, Rohit Sapra
- Flowers By The Roadside, Maurice Rowlands
- You are born to be a poet, ramesh rai
- Beautiful flower, gajanan mishra
- A Fool, crystal ruth
- The Game, douglas scotney
- Cover Me With You, George Dee Vuy
- Loss In A Mirror, Naveed Akram
- Angelwalk 2, Mr. Spock