I Want My Mum Back
I spend the day with my friends,
full of joy and laughter.
But then I notice the sun slowly setting,
knowing I must go home to you.
I walk through the door,
and notice the cans and the open bottle of rum on the bench.
Your all happy and peaceful to be around,
until that alcohol touches your lips.
That's when you become irrational and full of anger,
no body wants to be around you when your like this.
When I bring a friend over for the day,
It's embarrassing to let someone see you like this.
After having a great day,
you bring that to an end and make it a nightmare I fear.
Then the sun rises and I'm free to be with my friends again,
but once again I know I must come home.
One day I hope this nightmare will end,
and I can have my mum back.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Want My Mum Back by Mitchell Barron )
- Sorry-Wrong Number, Aftab Alam
- Gripes of. Freedom, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Jesus Of Nazareth, Naveed Khalid
- Keebored Problems, Phil Soar
- Antiques, Naveed Khalid
- Romance II, Naveed Khalid
- azoneofpoetryaartisphoenixnow, Nyein Way
- Dungeon, Naveed Khalid
- Rosicrucianism, Naveed Khalid
- Harvest Moon I, Naveed Khalid