I Want My Mum Back
I spend the day with my friends,
full of joy and laughter.
But then I notice the sun slowly setting,
knowing I must go home to you.
I walk through the door,
and notice the cans and the open bottle of rum on the bench.
Your all happy and peaceful to be around,
until that alcohol touches your lips.
That's when you become irrational and full of anger,
no body wants to be around you when your like this.
When I bring a friend over for the day,
It's embarrassing to let someone see you like this.
After having a great day,
you bring that to an end and make it a nightmare I fear.
Then the sun rises and I'm free to be with my friends again,
but once again I know I must come home.
One day I hope this nightmare will end,
and I can have my mum back.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Want My Mum Back by Mitchell Barron )
- PARTNERS IN CRIME, Terry Collett
- Palace of death - this body, gajanan mishra
- Twelve Step Heaven, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Hardcastle Crags, Sylvia Plath
- Burning The Letters, Sylvia Plath
- On Edge at Midnight, Kimani wa Mumbi
- Why do we need friends, Bineeta Kharga
- My Body ain't a Lab, it's a Temple. Wors.., Kimani wa Mumbi
- Black Pine Tree In An Orange Light, Sylvia Plath
- treasure and love, sultan mahmud
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan