These shadows are circling my body,
Engulfing my heart in darkness.
The cold is running through my veins,
Chilling me to the core.
I'm being filled with fear,
All hope seeping away.
My past is haunting my present,
Which is making me afraid of the future.
Visions from long ago,
Let tears escape through my eyes.
They pour down my face,
Like a warming stream.
I am to scared to open my eyes,
For all I will see is pain.
So I'll let the darkness consume me,
And take my soul.
Let my corpse remain to lay to waste,
For the earth to slowly devour.
Now my spirit is left to wander these lands,
With no way out of this hell like prison.
Not even the sun will shine down,
With no sun the darkness will only grow.
It will spread like a virus,
Sweeping the land destroying everything.
All that will remain is a desolate wasteland,
With no place to call home.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Darkness by Mitchell Barron )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Bound to thaw, george albot
- Not Obligated To Offer Options, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A taste of love, JJ Evendon
- Greeting Cards, Sara Fielder
- The Lorry From The North, Tony Adah
- Father's Admonition, Tony Adah
- Those who lose, Luv Artem
- The Making of Me: Tune Me Up, Niealie Petit
- Show Your Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Time Is Of Love, Naveed Akram