These shadows are circling my body,
Engulfing my heart in darkness.
The cold is running through my veins,
Chilling me to the core.
I'm being filled with fear,
All hope seeping away.
My past is haunting my present,
Which is making me afraid of the future.
Visions from long ago,
Let tears escape through my eyes.
They pour down my face,
Like a warming stream.
I am to scared to open my eyes,
For all I will see is pain.
So I'll let the darkness consume me,
And take my soul.
Let my corpse remain to lay to waste,
For the earth to slowly devour.
Now my spirit is left to wander these lands,
With no way out of this hell like prison.
Not even the sun will shine down,
With no sun the darkness will only grow.
It will spread like a virus,
Sweeping the land destroying everything.
All that will remain is a desolate wasteland,
With no place to call home.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Darkness by Mitchell Barron )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Shipping Container, Marshall Gass
- Smell the Flowers, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Low Performances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trivial Pursuits, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- "These doodles help me...", Jeff Gangwer
- "In a manner of speaking...", Jeff Gangwer
- "Can I just...? ", Jeff Gangwer
- SLEEPING NIGHT, Egbe Chris
- Doorways / Points of Access, Jeff Gangwer
- "...on the hook", Jeff Gangwer