My Father, My Strength (Second Version)
When I am trapped in convoluted strings
Issuing trouble, melancholy and fears,
It is he who clasps me tight and brings
Forth my glee from blood covered tears.
He lies in my ticker and the breaths I heave.
And with every high and low,
He becomes the muse for the dream I weave.
He is holier than Thy presence, he is Thy shadow.
And I thank Thee for such a man in my life
Who leaves me not in dark
Even if I am left to face war and strife.
In my poorest memories too he has left a mark
That not even nature can disturb or
Can He undo. He is my strength, the root whence I hail.
My words, my acts shan't cross the brink of what he hath done for
Me and my good. I love him and he is the start and end of my tale.
Devanshi Khetarpal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Father, My Strength (Second Version) by Devanshi Khetarpal )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Brewster's, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -48, Ronjoy Brahma
- Reign of Despair, Luca Menin
- Thoughts Of Prose, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Her pride and honor, hasmukh amathalal
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -47, Ronjoy Brahma
- Blood Of Innocence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Carbon and Life, douglas scotney
- Good-night love, good morning too, Mandolyn ...
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -46, Ronjoy Brahma