My Father, My Strength (Second Version)
When I am trapped in convoluted strings
Issuing trouble, melancholy and fears,
It is he who clasps me tight and brings
Forth my glee from blood covered tears.
He lies in my ticker and the breaths I heave.
And with every high and low,
He becomes the muse for the dream I weave.
He is holier than Thy presence, he is Thy shadow.
And I thank Thee for such a man in my life
Who leaves me not in dark
Even if I am left to face war and strife.
In my poorest memories too he has left a mark
That not even nature can disturb or
Can He undo. He is my strength, the root whence I hail.
My words, my acts shan't cross the brink of what he hath done for
Me and my good. I love him and he is the start and end of my tale.
Devanshi Khetarpal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Father, My Strength (Second Version) by Devanshi Khetarpal )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- love as a natural disaster that can't be.., Hyeladai kwapaya
- बहा आंनि मिनिनाया, Ronjoy Brahma
- A few, very few, too few..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Aching Bad, Michael P. McParland
- Essence of world peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- love heals, Hyeladai kwapaya
- Republic day, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Heart of a Broken Hearted Girl, Serenity Anderson
- PH: Life: Black On White, Brian Johnston
- Experiencing Peace, RoseAnn V. Shawiak