My Father, My Strength (Second Version)
When I am trapped in convoluted strings
Issuing trouble, melancholy and fears,
It is he who clasps me tight and brings
Forth my glee from blood covered tears.
He lies in my ticker and the breaths I heave.
And with every high and low,
He becomes the muse for the dream I weave.
He is holier than Thy presence, he is Thy shadow.
And I thank Thee for such a man in my life
Who leaves me not in dark
Even if I am left to face war and strife.
In my poorest memories too he has left a mark
That not even nature can disturb or
Can He undo. He is my strength, the root whence I hail.
My words, my acts shan't cross the brink of what he hath done for
Me and my good. I love him and he is the start and end of my tale.
Devanshi Khetarpal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Father, My Strength (Second Version) by Devanshi Khetarpal )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Unintentional Existence: Repository Citr.., Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Friendzone (Rap song), Clint Kingham
- The Marché Aux Puces And The Jardin Des .., William Daryl Hine
- The Lake, William Daryl Hine
- The Copper Beech, William Daryl Hine
- On This Rock, William Daryl Hine
- Last Words, William Daryl Hine
- Echo, William Daryl Hine
- Don Juan In Amsterdam, William Daryl Hine
- A Thousand Words, William Daryl Hine