Is It Poetry
You ask me what am I thinking when I look inside you
and you see me looking through you, as if I thought.
And how in the beginning, it was a point of issue in
that you thought, you had received not my undivided
attention and as I tried to, and I did and you understand.
So briefly, in explanation as no enigma can, with you do I.
Know too that no two enigmas are alike and as such
they are going to understand this and it helps you to
grow together, while spiraling apart to meet the end.
For the contrivance of complication is simple deceit, and
deceit, contrived is a simple matter for my generals and we
were not at war, as were so many, who thought they knew.
That two enigmas laid end to end, should never taste defeat.
Is It Poetry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (...............My Enigma by Is It Poetry )
- Substituting for Another Teacher, Pierre Lien
- Describe, Aparna Chatterjee
- Unfringe A Singaporean Poem (Nonconform.., Merton Lee
- Quizz with broad hints for blind poets, T (no first name) Wignesan
- My Hijab, Samudeen M.A. Ilimu
- Wet Casements, John Ashbery
- The Work, Allen Grossman
- Eideolon, Book 3, Section 7, H. D.
- The winter of forever, Cee Bea
- TO DIE, Dennis Field
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Conscience, Henry David Thoreau
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Blackberry-Picking, Seamus Heaney
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Heather Burns
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)