Is It Poetry
................'Black Robed The Bench And Power'
Huddled poor the masses, did you say, not I.
Whirlpools hide the dragon and it's eye.
Needles would I thread upon one point.
Before the Gavel falls, I'd hear your allocution.
While one was never made, ambition grew.
Each priest before his god, one never stood.
Here a rose and there it's bud, yet beauty paused.
Lillie's look caused her to Donn a rustic mask.
Is It Poetry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (................'Black Robed The Bench And Power' by Is It Poetry )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- A Little While, Luo Zhihai
- Tomb-sweeping Day, Miss Our Grandpa and .., Luo Zhihai
- Not Tied To Limits Of Reality, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Tolerancee is...., hasmukh amathalal
- Recalling Sequences, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sleep, Adam Latham
- Dead To You, Dexsta Ray
- Act Of Charity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Vengeance, Leong Ming Loong
- Syllable Of Meaning, RoseAnn V. Shawiak