Lawrence S. Pertillar
My Desire To Do
I fret neither worry of making mistakes.
Or of the admitting them to those who oppose,
Steps I have taken...
To fallen from a stumble and try over again.
I am not the kind to seek attention or empathy.
I too have wounds to show.
But exposing them would deliver what benefit?
I fear not to live my life to apologize for those wrongs,
I can not overnight eliminate to make right.
I can only with honesty promise to do,
The very best I can.
And knowing that to be true.
With no guarantee what has been done pleases you.
But hoping that it does is my desire to do!
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Desire To Do by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Equations: Friend Or Enemy, Guess Who
- Waiting for Dawn, Somanathan Iyer
- Confidence, Somanathan Iyer
- Doodling Without Purpose, Margaret Alice Second
- Nine persons are exempted from the disci.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Why like this?, Somanathan Iyer
- Humans we are!, Somanathan Iyer
- Summer, Naveed Khalid
- Ode To Love II, Naveed Khalid
- Power of Truth, Somanathan Iyer