I got a phone call yesterday,
A bolt out of the blue...
For such a long time
I had waited for it,
But it never came.
The dust settled down,
I got caught up with the currents of my own life,
The number got deleted from my phone.
And I thought
I had moved on...
As you began talking
only your voice...
What you said
Did not kind of
Yes, I did reply,
But my questions surfaced
Only after the call ended...
I made a call today,
Fully aware that I might as well
Jump into a sea...
My questions were at the tip of my tongue...
My heart beat fast as I waited for a response...
There was no answer...
The dust is again beginning to settle down
I am getting caught up again with the currents of my own life...
But what about this number saved in my phone again?
I had moved on!
Jasbir Chatterjee's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Moving on... by Jasbir Chatterjee )
- Versatility is a unique quality!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Paper slip, hasmukh amathalal
- SHADES OF LOVE, sherif monem
- A Shoulder to Weep, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Help me I am here, Dustin Hardin
- Into your kingdom, hasmukh amathalal
- High rise, hasmukh amathalal
- Before Death, Ajaeyy Raaj
- the toothless Tiger Dynasties, veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- The Spray, Akhtar Jawad
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(22 March 1941 -)