I got a phone call yesterday,
A bolt out of the blue...
For such a long time
I had waited for it,
But it never came.
The dust settled down,
I got caught up with the currents of my own life,
The number got deleted from my phone.
And I thought
I had moved on...
As you began talking
only your voice...
What you said
Did not kind of
Yes, I did reply,
But my questions surfaced
Only after the call ended...
I made a call today,
Fully aware that I might as well
Jump into a sea...
My questions were at the tip of my tongue...
My heart beat fast as I waited for a response...
There was no answer...
The dust is again beginning to settle down
I am getting caught up again with the currents of my own life...
But what about this number saved in my phone again?
I had moved on!
Jasbir Chatterjee's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Moving on... by Jasbir Chatterjee )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- last day, Ewa Busayourmi
- Some soft feelings, Lalitha Narayanan
- Bonfire, Naveed Khalid
- A Friend's Promise, diana rose tolentino
- A poem-letter to my friends..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- In the summer..., Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Melbs, David McLean Mathews
- At Somnolence's Border, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- naam, anikesh wats
- show me how a comet showers, Mandolyn ...