More Than I Could Hope For
To sleep forever in a quiet lair
in a den of beauty with never a care
is a pursuit I think that I shan't see.
But to even think of it is to me
more than I could hope for.
Amongst the flowers and trilling birds
to sleep a hundred years with words
and never a trouble to cross my mind
or ever a bleakness for me to find
is more than I could hope for.
But hope I do and hope I will
and when I feel my heart is still
I shall sleep forever like a babe in arms,
cradled and loved with no alarms
to wake me in the morn.
'Tis more than I could hope for.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (More Than I Could Hope For by Edwina Reizer )
- Untitled, kedar thapa
- Courage, Mark Nixon Legaspi
- Hard Road To Success, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ignorance keeps us together Knowing make.., kedar thapa
- The greatest secret present everywhere, kedar thapa
- Concepts 25, Somanathan Iyer
- An enlightening conversation, kedar thapa
- A Flower Which Is Eternal, Rohit Sapra
- In A Gory Accident, Edward Kofi Louis
- Peace Is Complete, Rohit Sapra
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)
(November 9 - 1937)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)