“Don’t fly your pigeons…”
Mom said and told me that each time I looked up at them is like looking under her skirt.
“A pregnant woman grabbed an apple from the running water and…”
Mom told me: “Woman knew whose it was. It was theft and her son knifed someone, crimes.”
“Omar turned to woman, got married…”
Mom said: “It was Ali’s miracle to show his power to the opposition.” Digesting it was hard.
“These lizards of different kinds are from Ayesha’s skin…”
Mom told me and explained, “She was the Prophet’s wife and had committed adultery.”
“Don’t listen to the Jews…”
Mom said and: “Jews suck blood.” In a nightmare they sucked my blood using huge needles.
I lost confidence in her though I loved her and she taught me a lot. She knew too much.
Now I am lost in rights and wrongs.
What is moral?
I read Trotsky and many others.
They too are:
Joan Didion, you got me further lost…
Keep slouching towards Bethlehem.
Nassy Fesharaki's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Morality by Nassy Fesharaki )
- honneur, xxx xxx
- Take a bit less, gajanan mishra
- Right To Die, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Block them, hasmukh amathalal
- Milk and wine, gajanan mishra
- Go on learning, Aftab Alam
- quand il pleut, xxx xxx
- How can I tell the truth, gajanan mishra
- A Few Beautiful Poems for Whom, for What…, Hebert Logerie
- Flash trade, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- The Old Woman, Joseph Campbell
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Peace. A Study, Charles Stuart Calverley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Question, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)