“Don’t fly your pigeons…”
Mom said and told me that each time I looked up at them is like looking under her skirt.
“A pregnant woman grabbed an apple from the running water and…”
Mom told me: “Woman knew whose it was. It was theft and her son knifed someone, crimes.”
“Omar turned to woman, got married…”
Mom said: “It was Ali’s miracle to show his power to the opposition.” Digesting it was hard.
“These lizards of different kinds are from Ayesha’s skin…”
Mom told me and explained, “She was the Prophet’s wife and had committed adultery.”
“Don’t listen to the Jews…”
Mom said and: “Jews suck blood.” In a nightmare they sucked my blood using huge needles.
I lost confidence in her though I loved her and she taught me a lot. She knew too much.
Now I am lost in rights and wrongs.
What is moral?
I read Trotsky and many others.
They too are:
Joan Didion, you got me further lost…
Keep slouching towards Bethlehem.
Nassy Fesharaki's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Morality by Nassy Fesharaki )
- Contained Essence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- It's The Noise, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Gumsum Gumsum, Akhtar Jawad
- Workmates?, Over The Moon
- Some way or other, gajanan mishra
- A Piece Of My Love., Philip Mutuku
- I Am Time, Time, Indelible, Indestructib.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Cambridge -Seat of Learning., Geoffrey Fafard
- Disharmony......, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Time Is Not Staying In Place, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)