Lawrence S. Pertillar
We shun those living.
And praise those dead.
We denounce the deeds the living do.
But yet when they die,
We lift their memories to be held high.
We excuse the ones we choose to do.
No matter what mistakes they make.
But it takes those who pass away from us,
To experience a forgiveness...
With a heart left within us to either ache,
We express feelings to have for others.
We sit to reminisce that which is missed.
Until another day comes,
To fake more impressions.
With a masquerading to charade.
And expect that done,
Hiding behind masks.
Believing time to us given,
Passes slowly through an hour glass.
To be repeated...
Each time grief is met to meet,
Topic of this poem: grief
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Momentarily by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Man He Killed, Thomas Hardy
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- God, ! - Th@ We N0t, sEaN nOrTh
- only defence against a rhythm - Boi, sEaN nOrTh
- Snuggle 2, Michael P. McParland
- ROAD FROM PARIS 1970, Terry Collett
- '' O '', Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Short and Sweet, Brittany Veloso
- PH: Echo: True Love, Brian Johnston
- Snow Blind..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Nostalgia, Rimni chakravarty
- The Spirit-World, Emmanuel George Cefai