I hear you but do not understand
You speak to me in a strange language
So forgive me if I do not as you say.
My heart is employed in a labour for itself
For its own safety it toils
Building a ridge that it may not be hurt.
I hear you when you say you love me
But doubt within if you speak the truth
I have nothing and mistrust all who want it
So I hope you see my fear,
I hear you but I am afraid I do not understand you.
Precious Okidika's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Misunderstood by Precious Okidika )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- To the Apple Green, Peach Blossomed Skie.., mary douglas
- Qoute # 5, Is It Poetry
- The Impolite Proprietress, Terence G. Craddock
- Love, Melissa K Vigna
- It's Over, Melissa K Vigna
- The Rider, Melissa K Vigna
- Party, Melissa K Vigna
- Wonderland, Melissa K Vigna
- Paranoid, Melissa K Vigna
- The Devil, Melissa K Vigna