I hear you but do not understand
You speak to me in a strange language
So forgive me if I do not as you say.
My heart is employed in a labour for itself
For its own safety it toils
Building a ridge that it may not be hurt.
I hear you when you say you love me
But doubt within if you speak the truth
I have nothing and mistrust all who want it
So I hope you see my fear,
I hear you but I am afraid I do not understand you.
Precious Okidika's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Misunderstood by Precious Okidika )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Steal Away, Francie Lynch
- love1, andy pierce
- a little piddle, lee fones
- The Man Who Chased The Moon, Tanja Bulovic
- Exit out, J.E. Deen
- Royal Orphan, George Egba
- A poem to my dead., Tiyani Shadrack Manganya
- Crazy, lee fones
- ISIL: Think Again, Negotiate with Terror.., Rachel Nichols
- Caged In, Kerri Foxx