Because You Will Be Gone
I will miss you sore,
And think about you a million ways.
No oil can soothe
This sore you're leaving behind.
I will mourn daily,
Even if you are not dead.
I will mourn. Yes!
For a part of me will be dead.
I am too ashamed to cry,
Else the world thinks me not a man,
But i'll let it trickle down,
A dropp everyday till i die.
I will dream of wealth.
I will dream of glamour.
I will dream of hope,
But no more shall i dream of love.
As i walk the remainder of life,
I know happiness is forever hindered
And darkness forever present,
For you were my happiness and my light.
I'll miss you.
Everyday for the remainder of my life,
I'll mourn and weep and cry,
Because you will be gone.
Precious Okidika's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Because You Will Be Gone by Precious Okidika )
- This ugly image هذه الصورة القبيحة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Evil Intent, Abdul Malik Mandani
- This ugly image, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sweet Ilussions, Sandra Feldman
- Weighting Each Thought, Heather Burns
- Their moral decline anytime انحدارهم ال.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A surrealistic image صورة سوريالية, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- In 80s, Nassy Fesharaki
- A Walk in the Woods, Abdul Malik Mandani
- Natural Alliance, Abdul Malik Mandani
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Solution, Bertolt Brecht
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Lament for Ignacio Sánchez Mejías, Federico García Lorca
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 February 1898 – 14 August 1956)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns