Because You Will Be Gone
I will miss you sore,
And think about you a million ways.
No oil can soothe
This sore you're leaving behind.
I will mourn daily,
Even if you are not dead.
I will mourn. Yes!
For a part of me will be dead.
I am too ashamed to cry,
Else the world thinks me not a man,
But i'll let it trickle down,
A dropp everyday till i die.
I will dream of wealth.
I will dream of glamour.
I will dream of hope,
But no more shall i dream of love.
As i walk the remainder of life,
I know happiness is forever hindered
And darkness forever present,
For you were my happiness and my light.
I'll miss you.
Everyday for the remainder of my life,
I'll mourn and weep and cry,
Because you will be gone.
Precious Okidika's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Because You Will Be Gone by Precious Okidika )
- Building Bricks, Jude Ogunade
- A Hydro Odyssey, Patrick Czyz
- Salvation, Earth And Sadness, Tony Adah
- Perspective, Patrick Czyz
- flesh to flesh, jaquesha webb
- Make it a new day., Patrick Czyz
- A Deadly Romance, Akhtar Jawad
- Tear Stained Haiku, Patrick Czyz
- It Hurts When Your're Letting Go, Marvin Tordillos
- Where Is The Faith Kept, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)