Geetima Baruah Sarma
Dark clouds of depression
loomed in her mind,
followed by long sighs,
accompanied by sobs.
Few minutes later,
came a heavy downpour
of salty water,
continuing for an hour.
The clock ticked
and as the cell beeped,
a smile peeped
through the wet cheeks.
Had she gone out of her mind
or was there a reason for it?
A coincidence, that's it!
The name announced on media,
a deceased victim of the blast,
matched with the name
that was close to her heart.
as she answered the beep,
sent to her by one
who was close indeed.
Geetima Baruah Sarma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Misunderstanding by Geetima Baruah Sarma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- You And I, Lili Domis
- Sonnet: Who Makes Money Wisely?, Dr John Celes
- Postcard For The Tin Soldier In Tintypes.., mary douglas
- I Submit, I Am Krakatoa
- till the last blood, binod bastola
- When Public Limited Company Goes Under, Terence G. Craddock
- We are three friends, gajanan mishra
- Single march, hasmukh amathalal
- It is unpleasant to live with mental uns.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- What to tell, hasmukh amathalal