I'll put a
red red sign
after my marriage
on my fore-head.
I'll cook for you!
You will say,
the words of love
without any pretension.
And there will be no
falsehood or lies
on the way of our life.
My friend told these
words to her lover.
Her lover said- - - -
Dear, I'll rather
have my meal
from any restaurant.
Please, don't try
to love me,
or cook for me,
because, I'll hate
to be in
Neela Nath's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love's Prison by Neela Nath )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Angel Feather, The Mowjo