Peter Daniel Phiri
Behold, the ground shaking,
The same pound hammers pounding.
Somewhat louder, wilder, ...carefree!
Wandering out in the dark.
Naked and pure, with no shame.
A love mirrored on her lips,
A wild heart turned tame
Lofty, .. ever present.
A sweet caress..
To small, innocent footprints
engraving on that mighty shore..
Of her heart
A sea of life!
A toddler of yesteryear
Once scared of bees,
Same age as mine..
Never uttered 'please'
Like me, haunted with pride
With beauty and pride.
Since the age of nine..
A song jelled together to a fine tune with the spirit..
Taking charge of life,
Arranging it carefully,
The same way her husband to be writes..
The same way God decorated the skies!
Peter Daniel Phiri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Poem by Peter Daniel Phiri )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1498 - 1546)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- Wisdom And Knowledge, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Child Slaughter, douglas scotney
- A slave to situation,, Aftab Alam
- Arctic Hero?, Denis Martindale
- The fate, gajanan mishra
- Five Cherry Blossoms To Despair., Martin Engstrom
- Depths Of Truth, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- You are not allowed to walk, gajanan mishra
- If you want success, gajanan mishra
- Global Mother Sarada, Tushar Ray