Ace Of Black Hearts
Locked Away In His Own Mind
The agony of this stress.
A monotonous task.
The barer of bad news.
Signed crosses, set clues.
Comatose with laced black shoes.
Dressed for the day of the dead.
Voices keep screaming its all in your head.
Images framed and faded.
Sadness deepens and escalates.
A melancholy in the pouring rain.
Mentally stable but in vain.
Suiting a fancy.
Suiting a desperation.
A mind made of glass.
And it shatters so sudden, so fast.
Nothing to say, words so silent and still longing.
A ghost still haunting this empty cabin.
A rocking chair that ever stirs.
How is one to soothe this anguished soul?
If it could even be possible.
Dreams of darker side.
Visions that bring us both together to the divide.
Joining hands in a mass suicide.
Loss and love that intertwines.
A belief in something deeper.
Dungeons without there keepers.
Roaming and wandering with no direction.
Conclusions with no perspective.
Sensitivity to that which leaves the imagination in question.
Orders abandoned with no purpose or objective.
A dissection to very pale complexion.
Colorless, emotionless, stunned and completely numb.
Sticking your head under the axe waiting for executioner to bring it down.
But it never comes.
So you look on with a blank and empty stare.
Your right to assume he isn't all there.
So far gone, in another universe, in another reality separated by pain and disgrace.
No comfort could console this broken spirit.
The senses leave his body absolute motionless.
A tube stuck down his throat for he does not desire nourishment.
Anything solid is regurgitated, yet in no way is he physically disabled.
He is zombie without basic instincts.
He torn between two separate worlds.
Not allowed to leave his mortal being.
A field bitter, barren, yet filled with foot of snow.
If only he had a way to become completely unglued.
Wishes, potions to subdue.
Legal documents white washed of his desires.
Coined phrases leaving him attached to wires.
A unwanted frozen life without any point in still living.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Locked Away In His Own Mind by Ace Of Black Hearts )
- Unpacking Gold, Arno Le Roux
- Storybook Story, Arno Le Roux
- God's Violin, Arno Le Roux
- Willow, weep for us, Peter Jay Shippy
- Masking War, Arno Le Roux
- Wedding Album, Jeannette Heywood
- I Can't Believe That You're in Love With.., Peter Jay Shippy
- Thatched hut., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Cobbled stones, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Give me freedom, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- First Day at School, Roger McGough
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
(1679 - 1718)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)