RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Living Alone With Self
Today all is wonderful, life is good, peace abounds, except in
the purest, deepest part of my heart.
Within, a sadness that cannot be quenched, gnaws away at the
being I am.
Forgotten are the days when freedom was unknown, now I am
grown and can do what I want with my life.
However, the past has it's tentacles wrapped tightly around
my inner mind.
Tangled webs of reality have been spun into the very fibers
of my soul since I was a little child and it's impossible to
At least that's what I've found to be true, people come and
go in life as if through a revolving door.
No one wanting to get to know another, the one beyond the
tests, fears, insignificant dependencies that always crop up
in the very beginnings of a relationship.
Everyone always drops out at this point, afraid that they
will cling too much, no one giving any chances, just dumping
another at the first sign of commitment.
Life will always be lived alone, because the final point has
been reached in life, they cannot go any further, having been
hurt too much by other people, this is the end.
All doors to friendship have been closed, not able to handle
the constant rejection anymore.
Left alone to be themselves, surviving, albeit it will be a
sterile environment, but that's much better than living
through one emotional roller coaster ride after another.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Living Alone With Self by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Your works can't stand up, Brian Kilpatrick
- neverending, Steven Federle
- WHO IS HE?, Ali Faisal
- iPhone6+ 오피뷰 ⓐ동대문오피녀 ⓑ선릉오피 대란∠OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM∠, sibngnu11 sibngnu11
- L.Messi 오피뷰 동대문오피 KTwiz 선릉오피 OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM.., sibngnu11 sibngnu11
- L.Messi 오피뷰 강서오피 KTwiz 부산오피 OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM .., sibngnu11 sibngnu11
- VALUE OF LIFE, Ali Faisal
- iPhone6+ 오피뷰 ⓐ강서오피녀 ⓑ부산오피 대란∠OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM∠, sibngnu11 sibngnu11
- for a friend who had gone cold one summer, RIC S. BASTASA
- a journey away from words, RIC S. BASTASA
Poem of the Day
- Ur Turn Now?, Najma Mire
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- " To His Fairest Valentine Mrs. A. L., Richard Lovelace
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)