Lightning and Thunder
I wonder about lightning and thunder.
How trees are sawn asunder.
A touch of its might
lights up the night.
A booming sound
Have you ever seen one up close?
If you ever had such a choice?
I heard your mighty voice
give my weak spirit a hoist.
Filled me with electric sights,
lift me to thundering heights.
Boom! Crash! Thoom!
The sounds filled the room.
Crackle! Snap! Sizzle!
We light up and fizzle.
Thunder fills me with wonder.
This I often ponder.
Danette Frenz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Lightning and Thunder by Danette Frenz )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Aketay Imetay, D.L. Aceves
- Celestial Musings, Chris Running Bear
- Fairy Tale Of Magical Worlds, Chris Running Bear
- At my door, hasmukh amathalal
- Imagination but real, Mashiur Rahman
- I cant see you but I know you there, yolandey breedt
- Like an old-fashioned tradition, Kamini Arichandran
- Where are we?, Pintu Mahakul
- Gazing up the sky, Seira LNlee94
- no one has ever done good without....., RIC S. BASTASA