Poet of the River
Life (thought /motivational)
You can run your whole life, and still be behind.
you can walk a million miles and could have not gone anywhere.
you can wait an eternity for an answer you may never find.
you can give all that you are to someone and they may not even care.
you can scream your heart out but it does not mean someone will listen.
you can grow honesty towards others and still be fed a lie.
but life, all in all, you don't know what you would be missing.
if you didn't grab a hold, and just let it pass you by.
wake every morning, for each day is new.
every life is different, so see what this life has in store for you.
take the good with the bad, get up and follow your feet.
smile, life is not always sad.
and be the person you want to meet.
Poet of the River's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life (thought /motivational) by Poet of the River )
- Wal-Mart are You Joking?, Joe Rosochacki
- Love's Victory, Kusum Gokarn
- Even The Moon Is Not Alone, Hanna Litantra
- Safe vault, hasmukh amathalal
- He Keeps The Stencils Of The Living Day, mary douglas
- Poets, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Fallacy, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Adam(ant), Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Searching truth, gajanan mishra
- Thank You Lord, Athena Hood
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)