Poet of the River
Life (thought /motivational)
You can run your whole life, and still be behind.
you can walk a million miles and could have not gone anywhere.
you can wait an eternity for an answer you may never find.
you can give all that you are to someone and they may not even care.
you can scream your heart out but it does not mean someone will listen.
you can grow honesty towards others and still be fed a lie.
but life, all in all, you don't know what you would be missing.
if you didn't grab a hold, and just let it pass you by.
wake every morning, for each day is new.
every life is different, so see what this life has in store for you.
take the good with the bad, get up and follow your feet.
smile, life is not always sad.
and be the person you want to meet.
Poet of the River's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life (thought /motivational) by Poet of the River )
- The midnight scream, Harold R Hunt Sr
- It calls your name., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Dogs, Cinzia Wills
- Interminable Wanderer, Cinzia Wills
- The Sky, Harold R Hunt Sr
- That part of your heart, Rolfy Dsilva
- The letter puzzle., Harold R Hunt Sr
- I am Sorry, Md. Ziaul Haque
- If it wasn't for country music, Harold R Hunt Sr
- I Really Can't…, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- One Art, Elizabeth Bishop
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)