Poet of the River
Life (thought /motivational)
You can run your whole life, and still be behind.
you can walk a million miles and could have not gone anywhere.
you can wait an eternity for an answer you may never find.
you can give all that you are to someone and they may not even care.
you can scream your heart out but it does not mean someone will listen.
you can grow honesty towards others and still be fed a lie.
but life, all in all, you don't know what you would be missing.
if you didn't grab a hold, and just let it pass you by.
wake every morning, for each day is new.
every life is different, so see what this life has in store for you.
take the good with the bad, get up and follow your feet.
smile, life is not always sad.
and be the person you want to meet.
Poet of the River's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life (thought /motivational) by Poet of the River )
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Mind Over Matter (Scream), Joseph Archer
- Jesus among Us, michael hagwood
- Winterpoesie, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Love the Spine, V P Mahur
- Vergißmeinnicht, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Loving Lips, V P Mahur
- Am Winterwehr, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Christmas Midnight - Christ - Mitternacht, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Holy Night - Weihnacht, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Rainbow & Sun, Luo Zhihai