Letter to the Past
Yo, Freshman Nick.
Stay out of softball,
unless you want to get hit.
Try to use your locker.
Even if it is never near your paths to class.
It will always be a pain in the-
Sh, this is a public school.
Don't get too mad,
at people, at news.
Try yo keep calm.
Forget that Anime club you so badly want.
It is too violent after all.
Now, go out into this world.
Kicking and screaming, as it tries to murder you.
Talk to people.
Don't just watch.
The students, no,
The peers, no,
the amazing people
of Creative Writing will have you relise,
you wish you took it sooner.
Hate you so much,
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Letter to the Past by Nicole Riess )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- "Mike Teavee...", Roald Dahl
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Love, Carolyn Blackmon
- The Staff at Flagstaff Hospital, Kathryn Tyler King
- Dry Your Sorrows And Tears, Spiritwind Wood
- My Venus, Sandra Lynn
- Turn Around, Spiritwind Wood
- Stay True, Be You, Carolyn Blackmon
- Tagore Song (#10) I travel alone as lon.., Tushar Ray
- Give To Me, Spiritwind Wood
- Language of Flowers, The Princess is
- Do You Know Who I Am, Spiritwind Wood