Legends, Elegies, Pleasures And Norma Jean
The man who wrote Legends of the Fall
Wrote; 'Don't fall in love as if fallin' off a dock at night'
But when you are struck by the thunderbolt
How do you not fall?
The man who wrote the Duino Elegies
Wrote; 'Beauty is only the start of bearable terror'
But to be stuck without beauty
The woman formerly know as Norma Jean
Wrote; 'I know from life one cannot love another'
I know what she meant, but to love you
How can I not?
The man who wrote The Pleasures of Hope
Wrote; 'How hard it is to find the one just suited to our mind! '
But it is just a little too easy to find one
Who is ill suited
From Legends, Elegies, Pleasures and Norma Jean
What they wrote is unforgettable
And that is what you are muse, though near or far
In every way
MacGregor Tagliaferro's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Legends, Elegies, Pleasures And Norma Jean by MacGregor Tagliaferro )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My Left Hand, Kyle Schlicher
- The Mad Scientist Writing, Kyle Schlicher
- Right or Wrong, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- A Real Friend, Margaret Moran
- you're a vessel i want live on twelve mo.., Mandolyn ...
- Riff on Bruce's Post Card Love Affairs, David McLansky
- Eternal Thirst, Lora Colon
- When I look at you, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Formalities Not Necessary, Margaret Moran
- two women, Nassy Fesharaki