We woke early in the mornin'
I brought her coffee in bed.
We worked out then washed each other
I started writin' on the porch
or in front of the fireplace.
She climbed the stairs to her studio
to create her visions of beauty.
We had lunch. We lay down together.
We rose and worked at other things.
We took long walks in the woods.
We worked again on our visions.
We ate supper, talked, read books
sittin' across from each other
on the porch or in front of the fire.
We went to bed. We loved we dreamed.
In winter she dreamed of flowers,
plannin' refinement of the garden.
From late March into October
she spent hours diggin', applyin'
fifty-year-old Hereford manure
from around the barn and pens,
plantin', transplantin', and weedin'.
Year round I dreamed the same dream
That these days would never end
MacGregor Tagliaferro's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (These Days by MacGregor Tagliaferro )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Death Of A Naturalist, Seamus Heaney
Poem of the Day
- Out Of My Head, Anuradha Singh
- Revealing life in Death, Angell Afinowi
- The Jujube Tree And Me, Madathil Nair
- AM HOOKED IN YOUR TRUE LOVE., Changez Ndzai
- Coffee And Cream Chocolates, Michael P. McParland
- Bless You Tonight, Michael P. McParland
- You at the Center, rosalinda flores rosevoc
- Odia Poem- Brukshya Debata, Jitendra seth
- The Sorry Band-Aid, william upton
- Odia Poem- SATHI, Jitendra seth