I’m leaving today
And you are too.
I’ll be feeling blue
When I’m living without you.
We say our goodbyes,
So we can meet new people
And be free.
We will want room to grow,
To test ourselves,
I embrace you
One last time
And kiss you on the cheek.
In the coming years,
New loves we will seek.
We will be living in different states,
And living out our fates.
If we were closer,
We could be together.
It would be so much easier.
Madeleine Wolf's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Leaving Today by Madeleine Wolf )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- OUR PAINS AND OUR SUFFERINGS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Colors Of The Rainbow, Anthony Daniels
- Hiccup, binod bastola
- Life and death..how we come and how we g.., krishnakumar chandrasekar nair
- You need me, gajanan mishra
- Infractions Rained Down Tears, mary douglas
- poetic shenanigans, lee fones
- Homecoming, prasenjit banerjee
- She knows now, hasmukh amathalal
- I am on the top, gajanan mishra