I’m leaving today
And you are too.
I’ll be feeling blue
When I’m living without you.
We say our goodbyes,
So we can meet new people
And be free.
We will want room to grow,
To test ourselves,
I embrace you
One last time
And kiss you on the cheek.
In the coming years,
New loves we will seek.
We will be living in different states,
And living out our fates.
If we were closer,
We could be together.
It would be so much easier.
Madeleine Wolf's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Leaving Today by Madeleine Wolf )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- It's Funny, Isn't It?, Lili Domis
- You And I, Lili Domis
- Sonnet: Who Makes Money Wisely?, Dr John Celes
- Postcard For The Tin Soldier In Tintypes.., mary douglas
- I Submit, I Am Krakatoa
- till the last blood, binod bastola
- When Public Limited Company Goes Under, Terence G. Craddock
- We are three friends, gajanan mishra
- Single march, hasmukh amathalal
- It is unpleasant to live with mental uns.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan