Don't Lose Yourself
Don’t Lose Yourself
Please promise me
You will go carefully
You may feel sad
But you have to believe it won’t be bad.
You will have to look
Back on the people you left
To remember the reason
For those actions you took.
Try to stay together
Remember those you love,
And have faith in God above.
Keep your values,
And what you believe in.
To lose them
Would be a sin.
Stay true to yourself
Because your experiences
Will try to change you
Everything will seem new.
You will see a lot of pain,
But just know it is for a better gain.
Don’t become a victim
Of a crazy whim.
It will be tough
You may think your best
Is not enough.
Just know there will be people here
When you come home.
They will help ease
At times you may feel weak,
But always know you have a voice
with which you can speak.
When you come back,
Try to forget all the things that happened
During an attack.
Cling to the memories from the farther past.
Those are the ones
that should be built to last.
Madeleine Wolf's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Don't Lose Yourself by Madeleine Wolf )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Beautiful Angel Who Endlessly Glows, Rohit Sapra
- On The Clock, Nika McGuin
- Forever Broken, Kelly Shanks
- Smeared in blood … 1712-14, saadat tahir
- tanka 3, oskar hansen
- I Am Nobody, Michael McParland
- Luggage, Kirsty Higginson
- There Is No Place For True Contributor, Pijush Biswas
- Bachchon ka ghar बच्चों का घर, S.D. TIWARI
- Goodnight Prayer(For You), Michael McParland