Don't Lose Yourself
Don’t Lose Yourself
Please promise me
You will go carefully
You may feel sad
But you have to believe it won’t be bad.
You will have to look
Back on the people you left
To remember the reason
For those actions you took.
Try to stay together
Remember those you love,
And have faith in God above.
Keep your values,
And what you believe in.
To lose them
Would be a sin.
Stay true to yourself
Because your experiences
Will try to change you
Everything will seem new.
You will see a lot of pain,
But just know it is for a better gain.
Don’t become a victim
Of a crazy whim.
It will be tough
You may think your best
Is not enough.
Just know there will be people here
When you come home.
They will help ease
At times you may feel weak,
But always know you have a voice
with which you can speak.
When you come back,
Try to forget all the things that happened
During an attack.
Cling to the memories from the farther past.
Those are the ones
that should be built to last.
Madeleine Wolf's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Don't Lose Yourself by Madeleine Wolf )
- You need someone, hasmukh amathalal
- Organized team, hasmukh amathalal
- I Am Weird and I Am Happy, Rohit Sapra
- Beloved Alice (Square Sonnet I), Rohan Nath
- Meeting Room 13, Edward Kofi Louis
- Think and act, hasmukh amathalal
- Drought, Edward Kofi Louis
- And here we part, Nalini Chaturvedi
- VARIETIES OF FOODS انواع من الاطعمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Follow The Light, Edward Kofi Louis