Here I am in the last scene of that last act.
This how you wanted it, right?
You got your crucifixion
And I hear you’ll be up and around
In a few days.
I got my silver and my regrets
And all that’s left
Is my own exit, stage right.
The props are all here,
The rope is thrown over the limb
And I just slip it on and jump!
I guess they’ll find me in a day or two,
The potter’s field awaits!
Before I go,
I want to know,
Had I willed it so,
Could I have said “no”?
I suspect you’d have used Thomas,
(He was always skeptical)
Or Peter, (he’s as malleable and dense as lead.)
He denied you three times for God’s sake!
If I had no choice,
Then why am I a villain?
Just following orders, as they say,
And believe me, it wasn’t the coin.
If I’d known what I was in for,
I’d have given it all back.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Judas by Charles Darnell )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Meditation, Rimni chakravarty
- Dear! It Has To Be you, Rimni chakravarty
- Upon These Adored Shores, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Myself, Rimni chakravarty
- A tale of two trees, Ricky Nyairo
- Priceless Price, Persian Nightingale
- Cacophonous eves, Priyanka Bhowmick
- MY SIMPLE TASTES, Hannington Mumo
- I Feel So Lonely/So Left Out Of It, Shalom Freedman
- Cliche, Rimni chakravarty