Joy is a raft to salvation
Rain clouds heavy wait…
But today they won’t rain.
The tail of the wind stings
And never will it refrain.
Sorrow is its old howl…
Ice and hail are its teeth,
But today they’ll not bite
Nor tears bequeath.
Joy is a raft to salvation.
Today, I ride the waves
Whatever is said won’t hurt
Because love here enclaves.
Here in my soul
Above the clouds
I’ve learnt of hope
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Joy is a raft to salvation by Mark Heathcote )
- Morning Coffee, Bill Grace
- Happenstance Things, Patti Masterman
- Loot-Hoot-Shoot, Aftab Alam
- The Children See Colors, Hebert Logerie
- Ulterior motive, hasmukh amathalal
- Fast Women Speedily Breathing, Luva Boy
- With contentment, hasmukh amathalal
- Not Mini-Apolis, Von Kimball Barney
- NO TIME WASTED, Peter LeBuhn
- Our World, Claude H Oliver II