Is This The India Where Newly Weds Are Burnt?
Is this the India where the newly weds,
I mean the brides are burnt
As for the dowry,
Is this the India
Where the wedding garlands go to the pyre
To burn with the dead bodies of the poor girl children,
I mean the tearful women of India,
The expecting brides married off recently?
Is the India of brides burnt for money,
For poverty, hunger and bad living conditions?
Poet Other Poems
- The Communists
- How Long Will The Hero Go Beating The ...
- I Do Not Know What To Tell You
- I See The Flowers
- The Dance School Boys & Girls
- I Do not Know Who Is What?
- What is love? (The Red Rose And Its Pet...
- “Why Does He Read So Much, Remain Lost I... -new-
- A Beautiful Girl
- A Beautiful Girl, A Beautiful Tale
- A Beautiful Heart
- A Beautiful Life, You Are Destroying Wit...
- A Beauty To See Or A Red Rose?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.