Bijay Kant Dubey
Is This The India Where Newly Weds Are Burnt?
Is this the India where the newly weds,
I mean the brides are burnt
As for the dowry,
Is this the India
Where the wedding garlands go to the pyre
To burn with the dead bodies of the poor girl children,
I mean the tearful women of India,
The expecting brides married off recently?
Is the India of brides burnt for money,
For poverty, hunger and bad living conditions?
Bijay Kant Dubey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Is This The India Where Newly Weds Are Burnt? by Bijay Kant Dubey )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Sonnet: Who Makes Money Wisely?, Dr John Celes
- Postcard For The Tin Soldier In Tintypes.., mary douglas
- I Submit, I Am Krakatoa
- till the last blood, binod bastola
- When Public Limited Company Goes Under, Terence G. Craddock
- We are three friends, gajanan mishra
- Single march, hasmukh amathalal
- It is unpleasant to live with mental uns.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- What to tell, hasmukh amathalal
- HAPPINESS, LIFE & LOVE, Tom Zart