Bijay Kant Dubey
Is This The India Where Newly Weds Are Burnt?
Is this the India where the newly weds,
I mean the brides are burnt
As for the dowry,
Is this the India
Where the wedding garlands go to the pyre
To burn with the dead bodies of the poor girl children,
I mean the tearful women of India,
The expecting brides married off recently?
Is the India of brides burnt for money,
For poverty, hunger and bad living conditions?
Bijay Kant Dubey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Is This The India Where Newly Weds Are Burnt? by Bijay Kant Dubey )
- My address, gajanan mishra
- With dogs and rats, Aftab Alam
- If I Were A Child, Randy McClave
- Who wilt Preach?, Sir Toby
- Uncle Ikey's Last Words No.43, Robert Graber
- A Balance Of Opinion, Richard Provencher
- Till you come, micheal john
- The Thing Betwixt The Ears, Buxton Shippy
- Going To Heaven, Tony Adah
- Your Party, Dog goD 8Hate