Is not man fortunate?
Lions are kings and held in esteem.
What are their fates when they are old,
Weak, ailing or just handicapped?
They can’t catch preys and die starving.
No one is to feed or care them.
No right to hold or inherit;
No old age home, nor asylum;
The same is to all except man.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Is not man fortunate? by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
- SENRYU (5-7-5) 12, Aftab Alam
- Reaching For Desires, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A centennary - -, Murtaza Micky Yusuf
- YES! ! (to N.), John Thorkild Ellison
- Bee, Nassy Fesharaki
- Mulk Raj Anand As I Saw Him, Knew Him, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Morning Triku II, Steve Kittell
- Hurly-Burly هرج و مرج, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- INCINERATED, Satish Verma
- Power absolute, Murtaza Micky Yusuf