Shalom Freedman (Troy New York)
Irony Is The Last Refuge
Irony is the last refuge of a metaphor-less poet
Saying more than one thing at one time-
Slanting the surface meaning back upon itself
Making fun of its own insufficient complexity-
Irony is the last refuge
But what is irony?
Of course this is the most ironic of all
Relying absolutely on something
One does not even understand if one has -
Not irony, Ignorance and Desperation
Poet Other Poems
- 18 Definitions Of A Short Poem
- 18 Definitions Of Poetry
- A Day Is Ending and Nothing Has Been Don...
- A Day Is Gone
- A Day Without Poetry
- A Day Without Poetry/Is A Lost Day
- A Few Kind Words
- A Friend Is Gone (For Alex Auswaks)
- A Grandchild Gives New Hope In Life
- A Great And Unusual Happiness
- A Great Man Died
- A Lesson From Sam Berns Of Blessed Memor...
- A Life Is Lived The Way It Is Lived
- A Little Poem/ At Heart A Home
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.