Sometimes, it's better not to speak
Than to be judged for your words.
Excuse me for not believing in fairies,
I was raised by this dirt
Where some of the only things with wings
And the stuff of old men's dreams
See, we may never see eye to eye,
But I promise I would never categorize
You as good or evil, because that's a disguise.
It takes true talent to accept both sides.
Welcome to my world: I was raised in a haze
Where you remained in a book all day
Of fortunetellers' bid for power,
Until I noticed how we spent every hour.
It's an excuse not to pursue
A life worth living in this jungle's zoo.
The pain becomes too much to construe
A purpose without magic to rule.
Isn't it enough to see beauty in the morning sky?
I believe that if the truth were in everyone's mind
They'd huddle together instead of waiting for pleasure
In another life.
Edwin Cordero's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Inner Silence by Edwin Cordero )
- Erato my Muse of love poetry, Erato
- AN EMOTIONAL STORY I COULDN'T TELL, Godspower Oshodin
- Shift and Drift, Aftab Alam
- Rivalry is humane to time, Ajala Samuel Akindele
- Certain attitudes to be followed by the .., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Sorry-Wrong Number, Aftab Alam
- Gripes of. Freedom, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Jesus Of Nazareth, Naveed Khalid
- Keebored Problems, Phil Soar
- Antiques, Naveed Khalid