Income in the Bank
Sitting in the secretary's office, I ask
When they are hiring, or if the time
“You cannot replace those here, ” she says,
“Or in any other place, I fear, unless
A political dealer is your friend.”
Memories, of not long back, blast
Freshly into the present frame.
Colleague, fellow student, master
Of planning, knew when to grasp
At his supervisor's egoistic mass
I offer my thanks
Not regretting, although displeased
At the punishment on my attempts
Toward an honest path.
What's left to wonder? I guess
If the chunks
Of his soul sold are worth
Income in the bank.
Edwin Cordero's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Income in the Bank by Edwin Cordero )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- change, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- khuda, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- lachari, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- flower, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- hasrat, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- moti, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- Real Help, Edgar Albert Guest
- Onverflauwd groen en blauw-wit, Madrason writer
- गुलाब और सूरज, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- misfortune, oskar hansen