In Pursuit Of...? ? ?
Happiness yet something lack,
Joyful…yet not up to the mark,
Parents, friends, brothers, sisters all I have:
Still emptiness prevails in my heart.
Of all these something lags behind!
All night long on my bed,
I looked for the one, my heart loves
I browsed among the people.., yet not found
I slept but my heart was awake
Then at once HOLY SPIRIT came upon my head.
I found what I am searching for:
My love, my strength, my refuge…
Whatnot everything is HE,
Who won my heart with his love on CROSS OF CALVARY!
Now no thought of abandonment,
For my heart delights in CHRIST.
Queeny Gona's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In Pursuit Of...? ? ? by Queeny Gona )
- After Reading the Song of Hiawatha, Effie Waller Smith
- Two Things, Taurai, George Pfumbi
- I listened, I listened, I listened, arshad arshad
- Preparation, Effie Waller Smith
- News York City, Ima Ryma
- Always Money, Taurai, George Pfumbi
- Marbles and Stones, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- I Will Not Say 'Ave', Trong Phan
- Magical Love, Taurai, George Pfumbi
- Postcard, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
Poem of the Day
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- You Will Forever Be In My Heart, Crystal Piatt
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Television, Roald Dahl
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 March 1941 -)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)