in my eyes
when your look in my eyes what do you see?
do you see the pain or the anger i hold inside?
what do you see in my eyes?
maybe only the brown color of my pupil
or a tear wanting to cry out
in my eyes you should see the bravery and the strength i have too look into your eyes.
and when you look in my eyes i tell you what others don't
in my eyes you can tell my emotions and my thoughts
when you look in my eyes you can see that their actually more than eyes
their your emotions, your thoughts, and your inner slef
your eyes are as strong as your heart, as powerful as your brain and as beautiful as your inner slef.
so what do you see in my eyes?
in my eyes you see me.
celia hinojosa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (in my eyes by celia hinojosa )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A child said, What is the grass?, Walt Whitman
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)