justice be my hero
She rose out the water finally.
Justice got tired of the underwater crulity,
drowning and gasping for air all those years,
she couldn't survive one more day underwater
justice needs to finally come back to land.
This land is not free because justice was gone
justice left and then everything then had a price tag,
even my people had price tag on them.
But no longer shall this go on!
Justice will return for us and save us
justice is the hero of this nation
without her we become nothing but slaves
we become money for others as we starve to death!
I dream of the day when I'm allowed here
where justice will be the ruler of us
when I will be looked only as a human being
and not have to deal with judgement
or be a slave to people.
Justice be my hero and save me
save not only me but others
others that been accused of wrong doing
when actually they have done nothing wrong.
so please justice return and save us all.
celia hinojosa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (justice be my hero by celia hinojosa )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(22 March 1941 -)
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- It isn't easy!, Lubinda Lubinda
- I Am Third, Perry Biggerstaff
- The Nigeria Political Vampires, Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..
- Alack! Afore! Alack! Afore!, Dexsta Ray
- WAR modern art-form of meaninglessness, George Dee Vuy
- I let myself, Elena Ioannou
- Love Is Hard, Is It Poetry
- Broken Waves, Pintu Mahakul
- PH: Poetry Writing: In Poetry, Brian Johnston
- Moving Out, Adriana Avila