RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Importance Of Nothing
Full of the importance of nothing to do, human life carries
itself as though it must be busy.
False pretentions abound beyond normal limits, as people
hurry and fill out tons of paperwork, writing alleged reasons
for everything they must report to supervisors and bosses.
What is the reasoning for all the work which is done each
day, does it ever really help anyone or is it all just a
So-called envelopes, sealed, stamped, mailed to people all
over the world, for what other reasons than to keep in touch.
Slicing details, outlasting trees that are torn down for the important paperwork of thieves.
Computers hiding trillions of dollars from ordinary folks,
taking away all they own through an organization which calls
itself the I.R.S. It is in fact, a den of thieves attaching
their claws to things they do not own and demanding hard
earned money for it.
Unsubstantiated claims, filed without express permission of
a few in charge is audited and dissected over and over for
eternities to come.
There are no valid reasons for stealing what others own, even
if they choose to call it taxes, all of it is wrong and should
be stopped this very minute.
Nature lying around, surrounding us with it's beauty, should
be above reproach, but it is not.
Nothing is sacred when a few greedy people decide to grab
what they have not.
Jealousy heeds this state of affairs, I believe the I.R.S.
was started on this very premise, because one person had
something another desired, taxes were born.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Importance Of Nothing by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Uncompleted Quest, Mark Nixon Legaspi
- All-in-one, Edward Kofi Louis
- Make Me, Sentamu Aziz
- The Traffic Light, Edward Kofi Louis
- Bye Baby, Sentamu Aziz
- Homeland, Ibrahim Nasrallah
- Kylie, Edward Kofi Louis
- Childhood, Ibrahim Nasrallah
- Poetical Arizona Deserts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Freedom, Ibrahim Nasrallah
Poem of the Day
- Blackberry-Picking, Seamus Heaney
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Prison Cell, Mahmoud Darwish
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)